Where you can discover rich collection of Pre- Paphaelites and various styles of British Art over tree centuries XVIII-XIX
'Myth, Dream and Reality', - representation of the male and female body.
- 'Beautiful is in the eyes of the beholder'
- perception of Beaty changing over the time: from classical mythical Venus to more erotic nudes and realism.
- not for forget about the symbolic body language and iconography, the embodiment of the sole and experiences of being a human.
Sir Lawrence Alma-Tadema, Albert Joseph Moore, Tissot, Watts
'Face and Place', - portraiture and landscape in the 18th cent.
- portraiture is Britain's most special and distinguish style of art,
- especially emerged for the greater number of society members the beginning of 18th cent. and onwards.
- influenced by country's dramatic wealth growth,
- general increase of demand for art in new build mansions
- demonstrate aristocratic status and taste of art collector or the sitter
- landscape as the record of views, proud land ownership
- treated with creativity and seriousness
Gainsborough, Reynolds, Romney, Wright of Derby
'Grand Tour and Grand Style’, - the influence of travel
- focus on classics: across Europe in South direction - to Italy, Rome in particular, new archeological sites (Herculaneum and Pompei)
- Classic antiquity and European art led to a new department in painting called the Grand Style
- championing classic and historic architecture, new styles emerged with the huge demand of Neoclassical design creations
Claude Lorrain, Poussin, Vernet, Hogarth
'Natural Forces’, - Romanticism and Nature
- nature can be both threat and consolation, evokes powerful emotions from fear to joy and love...
- dynamic drama of human emotion in reaction to nature
- direct responses to what artists saw and experienced on land and at sea
- great freedom of expression in brushwork, color and composition, effects of water, changing season and more with moving intensity
Turner and Constable
'The Pre-Raphaelites', - the most radical British art movement, emerged from within Royal Academy in 1848
- members - rebellious art students, who wanted to disassociate with contemporary practice
- glance back to Italian art before Raphael, pre-1500 period as the greatest in art history, as they believed
- source of stylistic and iconographic inspiration: Bible, classical mythology, Middle Ages, Middle East
- painted directly from nature, importance of natural light
- dream-like intensity
- new kind of history paintings for a new age.
Rossetti, Hunt, Millais, William Morris
Highland Romance, Victorian view of Scottishnes
- Victorian Dramas, history to capture the popular imagination
- In Pursuit of Beauty, late Victorian art and design
Peter Graham, William Bromley, David Wilkie,
To be human...
And not for forget about the last room highlight, powerful painting by the most expensive British artist,
Francis Bacon, Portrait of Henrietta Moraes
- the chaotic nature of life
- inspiration not by her looks but by personally as he knew he very well, shared drinks and drugs in bohemian life of post-war London
- both a violent and foul-mounted drunk as well as a witty, warm and lovable woman
Vienna greatest museums;
National Gallery, London;
“Private Art Education guide naturally guided me into the world of art.. Her passion and inner energy brings inspiration and generates curiosity .. Her profound knowledge on artists and directions brought answers to all my questions... Hidden details of artists' visualizations.. Deep truth behind the obvious.. I simply love and enjoy the museum tours with Hanna.. Already looking forward to the next one in Wallace Collection"
Royal Academy of Arts,
From Monet to Matisse, Painting Modern Garden exhibition preview
"Thank you, my private guide today to the Royal Academy of Arts London, she was highly thorough and very informative, at the end of our 2hour tour I was pleasantly educated about Monet, Manet, Matisse and the rest! Am looking forward to my next arty tour with Hanna!"
Private view of
Opera Gallery in Dubai International Financial Center, UAE
"Art is not only talent, knowledge and experience, it must be with passion as well , and that’s exactly what Private Art Education guides have."
The National Gallery, London
The Golden Age of Venetian Art
Niels van der Velden,
"Although I have always been interested in art, the private art tours with Hanna have really increased my enthusiasm for art. I think it is her passion and extensive knowledge that made me feel this way. I wholeheartedly recommend the Private Art Education membership program. Thank you."
The Wallace Collection,
Masterpiece and LAPADA art fairs,
Commercial London galleries
"My husband and I enjoyed very much a private tour at the Wallace Collection, guided by Private Art Education. Besides it being a truly educative experience, we really had fun! Hanna has a deep passion to the world of art and a keen eye on detail, and it was a great pleasure to share that special energy and learn with her.
I also had a fantastic time at the Masterpiece Fair with Private Art Education group. The tour was both educative and entertaining! In addition, it was wonderful to meet likeminded people, who enjoy enriching their lives with a touch of art."
The National Gallery,
Allegory of Love.
Private Art Education gold member
"When visiting galleries together with Private Art Education, with her vast knowledge and passion, she opens new horizons and greatly broadens my outlook towards arts. Personally, I cherish the opportunity and consider it food for soul. I highly recommend Private Art Education."
© 2016 Private Art Education. All rights reserved. Company number 10459197